Due to the rising cases of COVID-19 and The Citadel’s desire to continue offering in person performances and classes, we are updating our policies to keep patrons, staff, artists, and volunteers safe. Our Mask and Vaccine policies have recently been updated, please see below.
How will classes be different this year in light of COVID-19?
Classes will operate in cohorts of 12-14 people, including students and up to 2 teachers per class. This group will stay together during their class and not mix with other groups.
Will masks be mandatory?
Yes. Masks are mandatory to be worn upon entering the building and during classes. Removing your mask while eating or drinking is permitted while seated in designated spaces.
Is There a Vaccine Policy?
Beginning September 15, 2021, The Citadel Theatre will require proof of vaccination for every person (aged 12+) upon entry to the building for Foote Theatre School classes.
Proof of Vaccine Policy is as follows:
- We are requiring patrons and students (aged 12+) to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to attending the Citadel or have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of attendance.
- Upon arrival to your first class, we will check proof of vaccination or confirmation of age under 12 years.
- Proof of vaccination or age verification will apply for the duration of the term.
- If unable to meet proof of vaccination condition, a negative COVID-19 test will need to be shown upon each arrival at the Citadel.
- Children under 12 years of age will not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- We will accept electronic or paper records checked at Citadel entry points. When government-issued cards become available, those will be accepted as proof.
- This policy will be in effect for the foreseeable future.
- No health record information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
How will you enforce physical distancing at drop-off /pick-up?
Each class will have its own time for drop-off and pick up so there’s no mingling of students or parents. Parents will not be allowed into the building but must drop their child off at the designated door.
What are the responsibilities of parents and guardians?
Parents and guardians should discuss all of the rules with their child prior to attending class. Parents and guardians must check the temperatures of their children before coming to class. Do not send them to class if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold.
How will you promote health and safety at the school?
We will keep records of who attends the class (students and staff) to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak. If there is any confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 among our participants, we will pause classes for a minimum of 72 hours (shifting to online classes where appropriate) to allow contact tracing and then adhere to recommendations from Alberta Health. Mask-wearing coming to and from the Citadel is mandatory.There will be no sharing of objects or equipment in class.
How will you keep spaces and people clean?
Alcohol-based sanitizer will be placed in all entrances and classrooms for use by staff, students, etc. Classrooms and all materials will be cleaned between classes and disinfected before the next day.
What about snacks and water?
Snacks and drinks will not be shared. Each student should bring their own snacks (NO NUTS) and water bottle with their name on them. Water fountains will be off-limits.
What happens if someone gets sick during the class?
If a child develops symptoms while at the Citadel, they will be isolated and parents notified to pick up the child immediately. All items used by the child while isolated will be cleaned and disinfected as soon as the child is picked up. If items are unable to be cleaned and disinfected, they will be removed and stored in a sealed container for a minimum of 10 days. If a staff person develops illness at work, they will immediately remove themselves from contact with others and go home.
How will you ensure that no one from the public mixes with the cohorts?
The FTS area of the Citadel will be locked at all times. No one will be permitted to enter unless they are staff or a student.
What if you have to shut down due to an outbreak or increase in cases?
In that event we will switch to online programming where appropriate until given permission to reopen.