Due to the rising cases of COVID-19 and The Citadel’s desire to continue offering in person performances and classes, we are updating our policies to keep patrons, staff, artists, and volunteers safe. Our Mask and Vaccine policies have recently been updated, please see below.
IS THERE A VACCINE POLICY?
Beginning September 15, 2021, The Citadel Theatre will require proof of vaccination for every person (aged 12+) upon entry of the building, attending performances, and attendance for Foote Theatre School classes.
Proof of Vaccine Policy is as follows:
- We are requiring patrons and students (aged 12+) to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to attending the Citadel OR have proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of attendance
- For Foote Theatre School, proof of vaccination will only need to be shown once, but if using a negative COVID-19 test, will need to be provided upon each entry to the Citadel. Please see Foote Theatre School Covid-19 FAQ's for more details
- We will accept electronic or paper records checked at Citadel entry points. When government-issued cards become available, those will be accepted as proof
- Tests must be privately paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours of attending the Citadel
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories
- Children must provide proof of age under 12
- This policy will be in effect for the run of The Garneau Block and all Fall Foote Theatre School classes, and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for future shows and classes
- No health record information will be scanned, stored, or shared
- Children under 12 years of age will not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- Be prepared to show this each time you enter the Citadel. Please do not send in advance as we cannot store this information on your file
HOW DO I GET A PROOF OF VACCINATION?
Paper and electronic records from your clinic or pharmacy showing your name and date of vaccination will be accepted. Records can also be printed or accessed through the MyHealth Records website or app.
Be prepared to show this each time you enter the Citadel. Please do not send in advance as we cannot store this information on your file.
Please Note: No health record information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
Yes. Masks are still mandatory to be worn throughout the building and the duration of a performance. If this means you will be missing a performance, tickets can be exchanged or refunded by contacting the Box Office at 780-425-1820.
Masks may be pulled down temporarily while eating and drinking, but should not be removed for extended periods of time.
This policy will be in place for The Garneau Block and Bears performances, and will continue for the foreseeable future.
IS THERE ASSIGNED SEATING?
For The Garneau Block we will have assigned seating at a reduced-capacity. Distanced seating will be available upon request by contacting the Box Office at 780-425-1820.
For Bears, we will have festival seating. You and your cohort will be seated together and our Front of House staff will leave seats between each cohort, as best as possible.
The first two rows of seats in the theatre will be left empty to allow for distancing from the performers and the audience.
Future shows will be evaluated on an on-going basis.
HOW WERE MY TICKETS EXCHANGED FOR THE NEW SEASON?
Our 2021/22 show information can be found on our ticket exchange page here.
WHAT IS THE CITADEL DOING TO MAKE THE THEATRE SAFE FOR PATRONS, TEAM MEMBERS AND ARTISTS?
We are working with the Citadel team, government resources, and local organizations to ensure we are addressing any facility and/or process changes that might be required to create a safe and welcoming environment. This includes increased, rigorous cleaning of touch points across the building, hand sanitizing and washing stations available for use, an updated mask and vaccine policy, protective barriers between staff and patrons, reduced capacity in our theatre houses, reduced public access to the building, and many other measures, small and large, that we are taking to keep everyone safe.
ARE PHYSICAL PLAYBILLS AVAILABLE?
No; However, digital playbills are available to view on your computer or mobile devices here. Physical playbills are not available at this time to reduce touchpoints within the theatre.
WHAT CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO TAKING TICKETS?
We have updated our ticketing system to allow for a digital copy of tickets to be emailed to you directly. Tickets can either be printed off at home or scanned from your phone. If you do not have access to print your tickets or do not wish to use your phone, the Box Office can print paper tickets for you when they arrive at the Citadel. We kindly ask for you to plan to arrive 30 minutes before the performance start time if a paper ticket is required.
WHAT CAN I DO TO SUPPORT THE CITADEL?
- Purchase a subscription for next season. Register for the Season Launch here.
- Purchase online streaming passes for our video version of Mary's Wedding: A Métis Love Story or A Brimful of Asha.
- Make a tax deductible donation to the Citadel.
- Reach out to your elected officials and let them know how important live arts, made in your community, are to you as a voter.
- Keep up-to-date on our programming.
- Check out the Foote Theatre School class options
WHY IS THE CITADEL NOT OFFERING REFUNDS FOR THE RESCHEDULED SHOWS?
We have already begun to reach out to current ticket holders with options for exchanging tickets. To preserve the continued existence of the theatre, we will need to rely on this policy for rescheduled programming. Our programming is a result of a very substantial investment and years of planning. Our ticket sales assist in recouping some, but not all, of those costs so we can continue planning and building productions. We greatly appreciate the trust and patience patrons have shown keeping their tickets with us for the past year. Our aim is to offer full value for the tickets you have bought, but in specific cases, we can make exceptions to our no-refund policy.
WHAT IF ONE OF THE SHOWS FOR WHICH I HAVE TICKETS HASN’T BEEN RESCHEDULED?
If you are holding tickets to a performance that will not be rescheduled, you will automatically receive options for a new show being offered this season. Again, we promise to work with you to find value for your tickets.
CAN PATRONS LEAVE THE THEATRE DURING THE SHOW?
We strongly encourage that you do not leave in order to preserve physical distancing in the theatre. If you must leave for any reason, you will be reseated in latecomer seating, should space be available.
WHAT ABOUT LATECOMERS?
Although we do encourage you to plan your trip to arrive at least 30 minutes before the doors open a handful of seating groups will be reserved for latecomers; however, these seats cannot be guaranteed.
WILL PROGRAMS/PLAYBILLS BE AVAILABLE?
Programs/playbills will be available digitally to prevent touchpoints. A URL link as well as a QR code direct link will be sent in the reminder emails prior to the show, as well as on signage throughout the lobby. No physical programs/playbills will be printed at this time.
IS THERE COAT CHECK?
No. In order to reduce touchpoints as well as reduce contact between persons, we will not be offering a coat check at this time.
WILL YOU BE OFFERING BAR SERVICES AND HOW DO I CONSUME MY BEVERAGES?
Yes! Bar will be serving all standard beverages, as we have been in previous years. All drinks purchased from the Bar will be served with a disposable straw placed through our Citadel Sippy Cups. We ask that you place your straw under your mask in order to keep yourself and others safe while enjoying your favourite beverage. We will temporarily stop accepting sippy cup returns at the bars to reduce contact points.
Our Box Office team can help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Due to limited staffing, hours, and in keeping with physical distancing practices to keep our team safe, it may take several business days for a response. We appreciate your patience and understanding.