Audition Notice for the Youth Ensemble in Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical
- Rehearsals begin in Edmonton: February 1, 2019
- Previews in Edmonton: February 16, 2019
- Opening in Edmonton: February 21, 2019
- Closing in Edmonton: March 17, 2019
- Auditions in Edmonton (Including call backs): September 24 and 25, 2018
- Submission Deadline: September 7, 2018
- We are only accepting submissions from artists who reside in Edmonton and the surrounding area
- Please write “Matilda Youth Ensemble” in the subject line
- Please submit only if you are able to attend the audition in person
- Video submissions will not be accepted
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read this FAQ before you apply
- E-mail an expression of interest, including a current headshot, resumé, and a completed Child Performer Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include your child's date of birth and height with your submission
- Those selected for an audition will be contacted with further details
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Citadel Theatre is searching for dynamic young artists to play Matilda’s classmates in Edmonton only. We are looking for brilliant singers and dancers to play Bruce, Lavender, Nigel, Amanda, Eric, Alice, Hortensia and Tommy. We welcome submissions from all young artists of any ethnicity within the age range and experience we are seeking.
AGE RANGE: Artists must be a minimum of 9 years old by December 1, 2018 (Please include Date of Birth on your submission)
HEIGHT RANGE: Maximum height of 4’ 10” at the time of the audition (Please include your current height on your submission)
VOCAL TRAINING: Minimum 2 years; vocal range Ab3 – F4 (needs strong mid range); Should have a good ear and preferably musically literate; Young men must have unbroken voices
DANCE TRAINING: We are seeking intermediate level dancers and above (minimum 2 years of focused dance training), who demonstrate musicality and athleticism. Tumbling and acrobatic tricks are an asset but not required.
Please provide a list of any other training and skills including but not limited to:
- List of dance disciplines studied
- Gymnastics/acrobatics training
- Magic skills
- Workshops or camps that enhance performance skills
ADDITIONAL INFO: No dialect/accent is required for the audition or the production.
- Those selected for auditions will be required to sing and read a monologue from the show, participate in an individual ear test, and join in a group dance call. Monologue sides and music to prepare will be given at the time of booking the audition.