We would like to thank Scotiabank for their generosity in making scholarships available for deserving students to attend our 2014 Spring Break and Summer Camps. For more information on how to nominate a student, or how to apply yourself, please contact Foote Theatre School Director Doug Mertz at email@example.com
The Foote Theatre School (FTS) is the oldest and largest theatre school in Edmonton. Since 1966 we have provided year round classes for all ages and experience levels, teaching physical, technical and creative skills in both acting and musical theatre. Over 1,000 students annually are taught by our faculty of 25 local theatre professionals.
OUR CLASSES PROVIDE:
● An excellent instructor-to-student ratio.
● Instruction from experienced theatre professionals and educators.
● A structured and progressive curriculum.
● Potential audition opportunities: Our students have appeared in many Citadel productions including The Three Musketeers, A Christmas Carol, Oliver!, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Sound of Music, Peter Pan and The Wizard of Oz.
● Work as performers, directors, choreographers, teachers and coaches in Edmonton and beyond!
● Share a passion for arts education.
● Are everywhere!
● Many of our former students can be found working as actors, directors, designers, stage managers, technicians and teachers in Edmonton and beyond.
WE ALSO OFFER:
● A ticket discount to all Citadel performances for Foote Theatre School students.
● A convenient payment plan (full year registrations only).
● A Scholarship program:
_ __○Download our Scholarship Application form
_ __○For more information call 780-428-2120.
“Over the past 10 years, more than 300 young actors have had the opportunity and gained experience by appearing in productions at the Citadel and not just as set dressing but vital members of the ensemble and occasionally significant roles.”
–Tom Wood; playwright, actor, director
“Put it this way,” she says. “If I had a cold, I didn’t have a hard time not going to class, but it didn’t matter if I had pneumonia and there was a raging blizzard outside, I would always find a way to make it to the Citadel. Nothing stopped me.”