An unflinchingly honesty examination of what happens to the individual in the wake of a trauma. A rare fusion of comedy and drama, poetry, and movement, Betroffenheit has enraptured critics and audiences worldwide. This 2017 Olivier Award Winner for Best New Dance Production comes to Edmonton as part of a major international tour.
Written by JONATHON YOUNG
Choreographed & Directed by CRYSTAL PITE
Composition & Sound Design by OWEN BELTON, ALESSANDRO JULIANI, and MEG ROE
Set Design by JAY GOWER TAYLOR
Costume Design by NANCY BRYANT
Lighting Design by TOM VISSER
Rehearsal Direction by ERIC BEAUCHESNE
Additional Choreography by BRYAN ARIAS and CINDY SALGADO (salsa), DAVID RAYMOND (tap)
… one of the must-see events of the season.
Raw ... riveting drama ... virtuosic dance.
Cast & Creative Team
- Bryan AriasCast/Additional Choreography (salsa)×Bryan AriasCast/Additional Choreography (salsa)
- David RaymondCast/Additional Choreography (tap)×David RaymondCast/Additional Choreography (tap)
- Cindy SalgadoCast/Additional Choreography (salsa)×Cindy SalgadoCast/Additional Choreography (salsa)
- Jermaine Spivey×Jermaine Spivey
- Tiffany Tregarthen×Tiffany Tregarthen
- Jonathon Young×Jonathon Young
- Crystal PiteChoreographer×Crystal PiteChoreographer
- Owen BeltonComposition & Sound Design×Owen BeltonComposition & Sound Design
- Alessandro JulianiComposition & Sound Design×Alessandro JulianiComposition & Sound Design
- Meg RoeComposition & Sound Design×Meg RoeComposition & Sound Design
- Jay Gower TaylorSet Design×Jay Gower TaylorSet Design
- Nancy BryantCostume Design×Nancy BryantCostume Design
- Tom VisserLighting Design×Tom VisserLighting Design
- Eric BeauchesneRehearsal Direction×Eric BeauchesneRehearsal Direction
Tickets & Times for Betroffenheit
|Friday||March 30||2018 : 8:00 PM||Buy Now|
|Saturday||March 31||2018 : 8:00 PM||Buy Now|
|Sunday||April 1||2018 : 2:00 PM
Betroffenheit and Brunch
Enjoy a Sunday morning brunch at Normand's Bistro, followed by a matinee performance of the world-acclaimed dance-theatre hybrid Betroffenheit. Brunch will include one main course, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. Only $95 plus fees and GST for brunch and the performance.
Tickets must be purchased through the Box Office.